Business Intelligence App for the Automotive Dealerships
- Web App
- Central Secured Database
- Local Dealer Data
Thus the key goal of the app is to provide real-time access to various local dealer data sources. To allow that data to be analyzed, we redeveloped the system, updated the tech stack, and improved its efficiency by making the UX components more straightforward and interactive.
Key features of the platform:
- Look at all of your stores side by side, easy comparison
- KPI reports: filter out the noise and focus on what’s important to you
- Consolidated reports: look at your dealer group as a whole
The system can aggregate data from multiple sources and allow users to:
Before diving into the app’s redevelopment, our developers carefully reviewed the system and confirmed that its API was coded in Flex. But Adobe stopped supporting Flex in 2020. The key goal here was to reimplement the existing functionality of the old system in a similar way so that users wouldn’t need to learn a new system.
PHP was chosen as the language for the new API, and the Yii2 PHP framework was meant to provide basic functionality within the given business logic.
For the frontend, our engineers chose Angular.io and updated the functionality of the dashboard by polishing the way it looks and performs for the end user.
Engineering team consisted of two frontend developers, one backend developer, one HTML/CSS person, and a QA engineer that released the updated version of the system on time — satisfying all the tech and business requirements.
The system was successfully reimplemented using modern programming languages – PHP and Angular.
- Updated UX that makes system exploitation more intuitive and straightforward.
- System is able to store and accommodate operations of approximately 2000 users.
- Page load in the browser does not exceed 2 seconds.
- System has a required level of reliability, performance, and scalability.