BLOCKCHAIN-BASED TRACK & TRACE SYSTEM
FOR GOODS LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
Advanced technological solutions for brand owners to combat counterfeit & create trust through the whole supply chain.
Service type: Fully-managed product development
Business Domains: Logistics, Distribution, Manufacturing, Retail
Expertise: Supply chain, Fraud detection, Blockchain, Track & Trace
Team composition: PM, two QAs, BA, one Infrastructure Architect, one Blockchain Architect, two Back-End Developers, one Front-End Developer and two Mobile Developers.
Delivery: It took 3,900 hours within half a year to develop and deliver the entire product.
Challenge: Alarming State of Grey Market
Today, the grey import and counterfeit situation is dire in European countries. Statistics state it to be worth £13.6 billion in the UK alone in 2016, Singapore — $838 million USD in 2016, and $98 billion in 2018 in the US. Global counterfeit losses are estimated to reach around $1.82 trillion by the end of 2020.
This trend affects the retail industry severely and leads to a destructive business environment: loss of confidence in products and brand of an honest manufacturer/importer; deterioration in the quality of goods and services; incorrect information about goods and services.
Lack of technical solutions for consumer protection & counterfeit prevention compelled a long-term Unicsoft customer to create a product that would help law-abiding manufacturers and vendors to protect their brands and fight grey imports.
Solution: Blockchain-based system for tracking goods
The Unicsoft team developed a semi-decentralized solution for issuing and tracking encrypted blockchain-based datamatrix codes as the main layer of protection from grey imports. The datamatrix codes can be scanned at any point in the merchandise life cycle to ensure the authenticity of the product, track its logistics and prevent counterfeiting, effectively solving all the problems listed above.
The Unicsoft team managed to create the end-to-end blockchain-based track & trace ecosystem covering the whole life cycle of goods production and distribution.
We created a personal cabinet for manufacturers allowing code generation, accounting & analytics; blockchain-based data storage with highly secured encryption of datamatrix codes, mobile apps for manufacturers and customers enabling them to check the authenticity of the goods and complain about counterfeits, advanced engineering infrastructure. Our solutions have a clean API to integrate with any third-party modules.
Result: Saving costs on counterfeit goods
Unicsoft’s blockchain-based track & trace system has been successfully implemented in a group of small and medium enterprises and has proved its performance capability within the process of goods supply chain management.
- Counterfeit prediction. System provides the manufacturers with real-time information about the movement of goods through the logistics chain to predict counterfeit and grey import attempts.
- IP rights secured. Solution makes counterfeiting and grey import technologically impossible and protects the IP rights of lawful manufacturers/importers through a unique digital passport.
- Goods authenticity guaranteed. Our solution guarantees the quality and authenticity of the goods to the end-customer, due to controlling the warranty, shelf life and service life of every product, thus positively affecting manufacturers’ brands on the market.
- Product lifetime analytics. Unicsoft system offers advanced business analytics and reporting based on the data collected at all points from a product life cycle: code stamped during production, product scanned during transportation, goods stored in the retail store, goods at the POS-terminal during purchase, product unpacked at home.
- Increased customer loyalty. Solution enables direct customer feedback, personalized loyalty programs and individual discounts, improving the manufacturer’s PR and marketing strategies in the market.
Potential capacity of blockchain-based track & trace system for businesses
The Unicsoft team deeply understands the need of different businesses for adopting blockchain-based solutions in the supply chain and devising effective approaches for their delivery and implementation. The range of companies interested in integrating such a platform into their supply chains varies from FMCG and production of construction materials to the agricultural industry.
This solution might be useful for the following industries:
- Pharmaceuticals and perfumes
- Fashion clothing and sportswear
- Accessories and elite consumables
- Children’s toys
- Car spare parts
- Aircraft components
- Car accessories, etc.
This creates trust throughout the whole supply chain for multiple market players, as leading global manufacturers ineffectively spend millions of dollars to combat counterfeit. Please contact us to set up a free consultation to determine how the Unicsoft blockchain program can help your business optimize supply chain management processes and reduce costs.